Re: [HACKERS] pg_shmem_allocations view

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_shmem_allocations view
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 2:59 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I didn't really read the patch in any detail, but those things
> hopped out at me.

Thanks for the reviews. Here is a new version. Changes:

- doc: Add an entry to the table of system views, per Tom.
- doc: Wrap reference to "<anonymous>" in <literal> tags, per self-review.
- doc: Note that off is NULL for <anonymous> allocations, per Andres.
- doc: Remove extra "or" at the end of a sentence, per self-review.
- doc: Note that the view is by default super-user only, per both Tom
and Andres.
- code: Declare values/nulls arrays only once at function scope
instead of 3x, and tighten up code, per Andres and self-review.
- dat: Mark as volatile, per Tom and Andres and Michael.

Non-changes:

- I didn't add a comment saying that there would be only one entry for
anonymous and free memory, as requested by Andres, because it seemed
like that's what users would expect anyway and I couldn't think of a
way of saying it that didn't sound dumb.
- I didn't expand the comment for the C function
pg_get_shmem_allocations, as requested by Michael, because I agree
with Andres that there doesn't seem to be anything particularly
helpful to say there.

I'll go ahead and commit this if nobody has further comments.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения