Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: plpgsql_check_function - rebase for 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, PG has no any tool for checking dependency between functions and other
> objects. What has positive effects - we have very simply deploying, that
> works in almost use cases very well - and works with our temporary tables
> implementation. There is simple rule - depended object must living before
> they are >>used in runtime<<. But checking should not be runtime event and
> we would to decrease a false alarms. So we have to expect so almost all
> necessary object are created - it is reason, why we decided don't do check
> in create function statement time. We don't would to introduce new
> dependency if it will be possible.

This is a very good point.  Annotating the function itself with
markers that cause it to be more strictly checked will create a
dump/reload problem that we won't enjoy solving.  The decision to
check the function more strictly or not would need to be based on some
kind of session state that users could establish but dump restore
would not.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company