Re: The PostgreSQL License requires "LICENSE" file?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: The PostgreSQL License requires "LICENSE" file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Tomonari Katsumata
<t.katsumata1122@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PostgreSQL is released under "the PostgreSQL License".
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/
>
> I've checked the PostgreSQL License,
> and had a question.
> http://opensource.org/licenses/PostgreSQL
>
> It seems that the license requres a "LICENSE" file
> in the target product
> [quote]
>> Then put the license into a file called "LICENSE" in
>> your software distribution.
>
> But I couldn't find "LICENSE" file in current PostgreSQL source tree,
> instead found a "COPYRIGHT" file.
>
> It seems the contents of the "COPYRIGTH" file are all required by the
> license.
> So I have confused why PostgreSQL has a "COPYRIGHT" file instead of
> "LICENSE".
> Anybody knows the reason?
> And is this non problem thing?

I don't think it matters very much what the file is called, as long as
it's in a file that can be found easily by people who want to know
what the license is.  I imagine that either LICENSE or COPYRIGHT would
suffice for that purpose.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company