Re: The PostgreSQL License requires "LICENSE" file?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The PostgreSQL License requires "LICENSE" file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Tomonari Katsumata
> <t.katsumata1122@gmail.com> wrote:
>> PostgreSQL is released under "the PostgreSQL License".
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/

The actual license terms can be found in the COPYRIGHT file in our
distribution.  There is nothing in there mentioning a LICENSE file.

>> I've checked the PostgreSQL License,
>> and had a question.
>> http://opensource.org/licenses/PostgreSQL

I don't know who opensource.org are, but their idea of "the PostgreSQL
license" doesn't appear to match the actual license text.

The real question here is why our website is linking to theirs.  Surely
we should not be setting things up in such a way that people might think
that opensource.org defines the authoritative version of the text.