Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2016-05-06 15:11:53 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> * Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>> >
>> > I'd be the first to welcome this, but what happened to feature freeze?
>>
>> These are just new tests..?  I assumed that would be welcome during post
>> feature-freeze, and certainly no one raised any concerns about adding
>> these tests during the discussion prior to my commiting them.
>>
>> We back-patch new tests from time to time too, when they're associated
>> with bug fixes, so I'm pretty confused why TAP tests would be an issue
>> to add on HEAD post feature-freeze.
>>
>> If the consensus is that we shouldn't add new tests during feature
>> freeze, I'll revert the patch that added them and add them later, but,
>> for my 2c at least, I think we should be happy to add these even after
>> feature freeze.
>
> +1

I think it's appropriate at least in this case.  It seems to be
related to Stephen wanting to make sure he found all of the bugs he
introduced in pre-freeze commits, which I think can be included under
an expansive definition of a mop-up commit.  I think there's some
limit to what we ought to add to the 9.6 testing infrastructure at
this late date, but I'm not inclined to fight about this one.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company