Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Friday, June 22, 2012 08:51:55 PM Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
>>
>> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>> > sending a manual kill -15 to either of them does not seem to make them
>> > exit either...
>> >
>> > I did some further investiagations with robert on IM but I don't think
>> > he has any further ideas other than that I have a weird OS :)
>> > It seems worth noticing that this is OpenBSD 5.1 on Sparc64 which has a
>> > new threading implementation compared to older OpenBSD versions.
>>
>> I remarked to Stefan that the symptoms seem consistent with the idea
>> that the children have signals blocked.  But I don't know how that
>> could happen.
> You cannot block sigkill.

Obviously.  The issue is: the postmaster apparently sent SIGTERM (15)
to all of these children, and yet they're not dead; and a manual
SIGTERM doesn't kill them either.  I'm sure SIGKILL (9) would do the
trick, but then it's not a clean shutdown.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company