Re: [HACKERS] HACKERS[PROPOSAL] split ProcArrayLock into multiple parts

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] HACKERS[PROPOSAL] split ProcArrayLock into multiple parts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Jim Van Fleet <vanfleet@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> The basic idea is clear from your description, but it will be better
>> if you share the patch as well.  It will not only help people to
>> review and provide you feedback but also allow them to test and see if
>> they can reproduce the numbers you have mentioned in the mail.
>
> OK -- would love the feedback and any suggestions on how to mitigate the low
> end problems.

Did you intend to attach a patch?

> Sokolov Yura has a patch which, to me, looks good for pgbench rw
> performance.  Does not do so well with hammerdb (about the same as base) on
> single socket and two socket.

Any idea why?  I think we will have to understand *why* certain things
help in some situations and not others, not just *that* they do, in
order to come up with a good solution to this problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company