Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags
Дата
Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags  (Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc@gmail.com>)
Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We don't want every link step producing a useless warning.
>> Ideally, "make -s" would print nothing whatsoever; to the extent that
>> tools produce unsuppressable routine chatter, that's evil because it
>> makes it harder to notice actually-useful warnings.
>
> Then maybe stderr tests should grep output for a specific option, the
> one we're currently testing, not just any noise?

That sounds awfully fragile to me.  It can't really be safe to assume
we know precisely what the warning messages will look like.  But it
seems to me that  compiling every test program with every library we
might need is not a great plan.

(I don't know enough about autoconf to know whether changing that is realistic.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company