Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: backup manifests and contemporaneous buildfarm failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 8:12 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah, so it would seem.  The buildfarm script uses rmtree to clean out
> the old build tree.  The man page for File::Path suggests (but can't
> quite bring itself to say in so many words) that by default, rmtree
> will adjust the permissions on target directories to allow the deletion
> to succeed.  But that's very clearly not happening on some platforms.
> (Maybe that represents a local patch on the part of some packagers
> who thought it was too unsafe?)

Interestingly, on my machine, rmtree coped with a mode 0 directory
just fine, but mode 0400 was more than its tiny brain could handle, so
the originally committed fix had code to revert 0400 back to 0700, but
I didn't add similar code to revert from 0 back to 0700 because that
was working fine.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company