Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Sure, but nobody who is not a developer is going to care about that.
>> A typical user who sees "pgstat wait timeout", or doesn't, isn't going
>> to be able to make anything at all out of that.
>
> Possibly we need to improve the wording of that error message then.
> When it was written, we really assumed that it was a can't-happen case
> and so didn't spend much effort on it.  Perhaps it should become a
> translatable ereport phrased like "WARNING: using stale statistics
> instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding".

I'm still not completely convinced it deserves to be a WARNING, but I
definitely think turning it into a translatable error message is the
right call.  Calling this a "can't happen" case is clearly ridiculous
at this point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?
Сообщение: Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?