Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-01-19 11:16:09 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Possibly we need to improve the wording of that error message then.
>> When it was written, we really assumed that it was a can't-happen case
>> and so didn't spend much effort on it.  Perhaps it should become a
>> translatable ereport phrased like "WARNING: using stale statistics
>> instead of current ones because stats collector is not responding".

> Yes, that seems like a good message improvement.

> It's not like making it LOG makes the message invisible...

Uh, yes it does.  So far as the user is concerned anyway.  The entire
point of this discussion is to prevent the message from showing up in
buildfarm output, remember?

Сообщение: Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?
Сообщение: Re: Re: Better way of dealing with pgstat wait timeout during buildfarm runs?