Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 09:00:45AM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>
>>> I have been looking at several possible fixes, and weighing the
>>> pros and cons of each.  I expect to post a patch later today.
>>
>> This PostgreSQL 9.6 open item is past due for your status update.  Kindly send
>> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
>> update.  Refer to the policy on open item ownership:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.GA447393@tornado.leadboat.com
>
> Attached is a patch which fixes this issue, which I will push
> Monday unless there are objections.

Considering that (1) this was posted on a weekend and (2) that Monday
is also a US holiday and (3) that we are not about to wrap a release,
I think you should postpone the proposed commit date by a few days to
allow time for review.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company