Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Bug in batch tuplesort memory CLUSTER case (9.6 only)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> I don't know, either.  You read both Robert and me indicating that this bug
> fix will be better with a test, and nobody has said that a test-free fix is
> optimal.  Here's your chance to obliterate that no-tests precedent.

In the interest of clarity, I was not intending to say that there
should be a regression test in the patch.  I was intending to say that
there should be a test case with the bug report.  I'm not opposed to
adding a regression test, and I like the idea of attempting to do so
while requiring only a relatively small amount of data by changing
maintenance_work_mem, but that wasn't the target at which I was
aiming.  Nevertheless, carry on.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company