Re: Can a background worker exist without shared memory access for EXEC_BACKEND cases?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Can a background worker exist without shared memory access for EXEC_BACKEND cases?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:27 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> I could get these points earlier in my initial analysis. In fact, I
> could figure out the flow on Windows, how these parameters are shared
> using a shared file(CreateFileMapping(), MapViewOfFile()), and the
> shared file name being passed as an argv[2] to the child process, and
> the way child process uses this file name to read the backend
> parameters in read_backend_variables().

Doesn't that happen even if the background worker isn't declared to
use BGWORKER_SHMEM_ACCESS? See StartBackgroundWorker(): IIUC, we start
with shared memory access, then afterwards detach.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company