Re: Deprecating postfix and factorial operators in PostgreSQL 13

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Deprecating postfix and factorial operators in PostgreSQL 13
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 11:56 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah, I agree that there are way too many copies here.  CREATE OPERATOR
> seems sufficient.  It also seems like we should just rewrite the typeconv
> and drop_operator examples to use some other operator.  We'll have
> to do that eventually anyway, so why not now, instead of visiting those
> places twice?

Hmm, that's an idea. I think it would be reasonable to rewrite the
typeconv.sgml one, but the one in drop_operator.sgml seems like it
could just be dropped. Its only purpose seems to be to demonstrate how
to drop a right-unary operator vs. a left-unary operator, but I
venture to guess that anyone smart enough to make any sort of
effective use of DROP OPERATOR could probably draw the necessary
inferences anyway.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company