Re: CATUPDATE confusion?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: CATUPDATE confusion?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
>> I should have been more specific.  I don't believe they've moved to
>> using pg_roles completely (which was created specifically to address the
>> issue that regular users can't select from pg_authid).
>
> Err, forgot to finish that thought, sorry.  Let's try again:
>
> I should have been more specific.  I don't believe they've moved to
> using pg_roles completely (which was created specifically to address the
> issue that regular users can't select from pg_authid) simply because
> they haven't had reason to.

That's another way of saying "removing pg_user would be creating extra
work for tool authors that otherwise wouldn't need to be done".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: get_object_address support for additional object types
Сообщение: Re: get_object_address support for additional object types