Re: [HACKERS] Update comments in nodeModifyTable.c

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Update comments in nodeModifyTable.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> While working on [1], I noticed that the comment in ExecModifyTable:
>
>                  * Foreign table updates have a wholerow attribute when the
>                  * relation has an AFTER ROW trigger.
>
> is not 100% correct because a foreign table has a wholerow attrubute when
> the relation has an AFTER ROW or BEFORE ROW trigger (see
> rewriteTargetListUD).  So I'd propose s/an AFTER ROW trigger/a row-level
> trigger/.  Attached is a patch for that.

That seems better, but looking at rewriteTargetListUD, it seems that
the actual rule is that this happens when there is a row-level on
either UPDATE or DELETE.  If there is only a row-level trigger on
INSERT, then it is not done.  Perhaps we should try to include that
detail in the comment as well.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company