Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>  Robert> All right, it seems Tom is with you on that point, so after
>  Robert> some study, I've committed this with very minor modifications.
>
> While hacking up a patch to demonstrate the simplicity of extending this
> to the Datum sorter, I seem to have run into a fairly major issue with
> this: there seems to be no attempt whatsoever to handle spilling to disk
> correctly. The data spilled to disk only has the un-abbreviated values,
> but nothing tries to re-abbreviate it (or disable abbreviations) when it
> is read back in, and chaos ensues:

Dear me.  Peter, can you fix this RSN?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)