Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: configure can't detect proper pthread flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>  >> Then maybe stderr tests should grep output for a specific option,
>  >> the one we're currently testing, not just any noise?
>
>  Robert> That sounds awfully fragile to me.  It can't really be safe to
>  Robert> assume we know precisely what the warning messages will look
>  Robert> like.
>
> But how safe is it to assume that a warning message about option '-foo'
> will contain the string '-foo' in it somewhere?
>
> (though the trace output from -x still should be dealt with separately)

I wouldn't like to bet on it.  I mean, if the world weren't full of
weird platforms that behave in crazy, messed-up ways, autoconf output
wouldn't look like like noise.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company