Re: Race condition in recovery?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Race condition in recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 12:56 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> $^X is not at all broken.
>
> The explanation here is pretty simple - the argument to perl2host is
> meant to be a directory. If we're going to accomodate plain files then
> we have some more work to do in TestLib.

This explanation seems to contradict the documentation in TestLib.pm,
which makes no mention of any such restriction.

> > +local $ENV{PERL_BADLANG}=0;
> >
> > Similarly here. There's not a single other reference to PERL_BADLANG
> > in the repository, so if we need this one here, there should be a
> > comment explaining why this is different from all the places where we
> > don't need it.
>
> Here's why this is different: this is the only place that we invoke the
> msys perl in this way (i.e. from a non-msys aware environment - the
> binaries we build are not msys-aware). We need to do that if for no
> other reason than that it might well be the only perl available. Doing
> so makes it complain loudly about missing locale info. Setting this
> variable makes it shut up. I can add a comment on that if you like.

Yes, please, but perhaps you'd like to post patches for discussion
first instead of committing directly.

> Part of the trouble is that I've been living and breathing some of these
> issues so much recently that I forget that what might be fairly obvious
> to me isn't to others. I assure you there is not the faintest touch of
> pixy dust involved.

Every pixie with whom I've spoken today says otherwise!

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com