Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/10/21 8:03 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes.  You can
> see the most current  build of them here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
>
> I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> items properly ordered, and markup added.  I also expect a lot of
> feedback.
>
> I plan to work on completing this document this coming week in
> preparation for beta next week.

Sorry it took me a while to look at the release notes. I have one
suggestion regarding this item:

  Allow logical replication to stream long in-progress transactions to
  subscribers (Tomas Vondra, Dilip Kumar, Amit Kapila, Ajin Cherian,
  Nikhil Sontakke, Stas Kelvich)

AFAICS the authors are generally ordered by how much they contributed to
the feature. In that case I'd move myself down the list - certainly
after Dilip and Amit, perhaps after Ajin. While I posted the original
patch, but most of the work after that to get it committed was done by
those two/three people.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?