Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 10:26 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> By the way, picking up on the word "inherited" in the error message shown
> above, I wonder if you decided against using similar terminology
> intentionally.

Good question.

> I guess the thinking there is that the terminology being
> used extensively with columns and constraints ("inherited column/check
> constraint cannot be dropped", etc.) is just a legacy of partitioning
> sharing implementation with inheritance.

It seems to me that we can talk about things being inherited by
partitions even if we're calling the feature partitioning, rather than
inheritance.  Maybe that's confusing, but then again, maybe it's not
that confusing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company