Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [18] Policy on IMMUTABLE functions and Unicode updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 8:32 AM Jeremy Schneider
<schneider@ardentperf.com> wrote:
> Other RDBMS are very careful not to corrupt databases, afaik including function based indexes, by changing Unicode.
I’mnot aware of any other RDBMS that updates Unicode versions in place; instead they support multiple Unicode versions
anddo not drop the old ones.

> See also:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E8754F74-C65F-4A1A-826F-FD9F37599A2E%40ardentperf.com

Hmm. I think we might have some unique problems due to the fact that
we rely partly on the operating system behavior, partly on libicu, and
partly on our own internal tables.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add more SQL/JSON constructor functions