Re: Assert in heapgettup_pagemode() fails due to underlying buffer change

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Assert in heapgettup_pagemode() fails due to underlying buffer change
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 7, 2024 at 4:05 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> >  static void
> > -ZeroBuffer(Buffer buffer, ReadBufferMode mode)
> > +ZeroBuffer(Buffer buffer, ReadBufferMode mode, bool zero)
>
> This change makes the API very strange.  Should the function be called
> ZeroAndLockBuffer() instead?  Then the addition of a "bool zero"
> argument makes a lot more sense.

I agree that's better, but it still looks a bit weird. You have to
realize that 'bool zero' means 'is already zeroed' here -- or at
least, I guess that's the intention. But then I wonder why you'd call
a function called ZeroAndLockBuffer if all you need to do is
LockBuffer.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com