Re: Initial release notes created for 9.6

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Initial release notes created for 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> * As is somewhat customary for early drafts of the notes, I've made no
> attempt to call out which are the most significant changes.  I've not
> tried to isolate the non-backwards-compatible items, either.

There was quite a bit of discussion of this on pgsql-advocacy, and the
press release we're going to put out surely must say something.  It
wouldn't hurt if the release notes at least somewhat matched that.  I
thought this was a decent list:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/571FB941.3020007@commandprompt.com

Although "phrase search" seems a bit less important to me than the
rest of those.  There's also a good, somewhat-more-inclusive list of
the big stuff here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL#Upcoming_features

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.6 scariest patch tournament
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.6 scariest patch tournament