Re: Postgres 9.6 scariest patch tournament

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Postgres 9.6 scariest patch tournament
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> "Parallel Query" got many mentions; some of them were specific commits
> (such as "parallel infrastructure", "parallel joins", "parallel
> aggregates") and others were more generic.  For the generic mentions I
> just chose a few of the most salient patches, but didn't include either
> parallel aggregates nor parallel joins in that list.  "LWLock tranches"
> and "Freeze Map" also resulted in several commits appearing in the list
> below.  This distorts the results somewhat.  I considered redoing the
> results once I noticed the problem, but didn't really want to invest
> *too* much time.

After looking at commits mentioning "parallel", I'm surprised that this
one didn't turn up specifically as a scary commit:

│ a1c1af2a1f6099c039f145c1edb52257f315be51 │ rhaas@postgresql.org    │ Introduce group locking to prevent parallel
processesfrom deadlocking.  │