Re: lcr v5 - introduction of InvalidCommandId

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: lcr v5 - introduction of InvalidCommandId
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-09-05 12:44:18 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
CommandCounterIncrement

>> > Ok, so the reason for the existance of this patch is that currently
>> > there is no way to represent a "unset" CommandId. This is a problem for
>> > the following patches because we need to log the cmin, cmax of catalog
>> > rows and obviously there can be rows where cmax is unset.
>>
>> For heap tuples, we solve this problem by using flag bits.  Why not
>> adopt the same approach?
>
> We can, while it makes the amount of data stored/logged slightly larger
> and it seems to lead to less idiomatic code to me, so if there's another
> -1 I'll go that way.

OK.  Consider me more of a -0 than a -1.  Like I say, I don't really
want to block it; I just don't feel comfortable committing it unless a
few other people say something like "I don't see a problem with that".Or maybe point me to relevant changeset
extractioncode that's going

to get messier.

--
Robert Haas