Re: lcr v5 - introduction of InvalidCommandId

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: lcr v5 - introduction of InvalidCommandId
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK.  Consider me more of a -0 than a -1.  Like I say, I don't really
> want to block it; I just don't feel comfortable committing it unless a
> few other people say something like "I don't see a problem with that".

FWIW, I've always thought it was a wart that there wasn't a recognized
InvalidCommandId value.  It was never pressing to fix it before, but
if LCR needs it, let's do so.  I definitely *don't* find it cleaner to
eat up another flag bit to avoid that.  We don't have many to spare.

Ideally I'd have made InvalidCommandId = 0 and FirstCommandId = 1,
but I suppose we can't have that without an on-disk compatibility break.