Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Peter Eisentraut

>> My main reason for wanting is that I suspect there will be a similar
>> desire to limit the number of replication workers at some point.
>
> Would that work for something developed as an extension?  Would we all
> have to agree on non-conflicting numbers?  Maybe a string tag would work
> better?

No, I'm assuming that the classes would be built-in.  A string tag
seems like over-engineering to me, particularly because the postmaster
needs to switch on the tag, and we need to be very careful about the
degree to which the postmaster trusts the contents of shared memory.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company