Re: Inaccuracy in VACUUM's tuple count estimates

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Inaccuracy in VACUUM's tuple count estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:53 PM, tim_wilson <tim.wilson@telogis.com> wrote:
> Was slightly optimistic that this comment in the release notes might mean
> that my bug with bloat on hot tables might have been fixed in 9.4
>
> /Make VACUUM properly report dead but not-yet-removable rows to the
> statistics collector (Hari Babu)
>
> Previously these were reported as live rows./
>
> Unfortunately that is not the case, and we still have the problem in 9.4

As far as I can tell from reviewing the thread, what we need to do
here is basically invent HEAPTUPLE_INSERT_AND_DELETE_IN_PROGRESS.
There was a lot of concern about doing that in the back-branches, but
I'm skeptical that the concern is justified.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company