Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive andanti-wraparound ru

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive andanti-wraparound ru
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2018-Sep-13, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive and anti-wraparound runs
>>
>> A log message was being generated when log_min_duration is reached for
>> autovacuum on a given relation to indicate if it was an aggressive run,
>> and missed the point of mentioning if it is doing an anti-wrapround
>> run.  The log message generated is improved so as one, both or no extra
>> details are added depending on the option set.
>
> Hmm, can a for-wraparound vacuum really not be aggressive?  I think one
> of those four cases is really dead code.

My first question was whether TWO of them were dead code ... isn't an
aggressive vacuum to prevent wraparound, and a vacuum to prevent
wraparound aggressive?

I can't figure out what this is giving us that we didn't have before.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company