Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive and anti-wraparound ru

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive and anti-wraparound ru
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, Robert

> My first question was whether TWO of them were dead code ... isn't an
> aggressive vacuum to prevent wraparound, and a vacuum to prevent
> wraparound aggressive?
Maybe i am wrong, aggressive autovacuum was your commit.
Message split was in b55509332f50f998b6e8b3830a51c5b9d8f666aa
Aggressive autovacuum was in fd31cd265138019dcccc9b5fe53043670898bc9f

If aggressive really is wraparound without difference - i think we need refactor this code, it is difficult have two
differentflags for same purpose.

But as far i can see it is possible have aggressive non-wraparound vacuum. One important difference - regular and
aggressiveregular can be canceled by backend,.wraparound autovacuum can not. (by checking PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND in
src/backend/storage/lmgr/proc.c)

regards, Sergei

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: pg_atomic_exchange_u32() in ProcArrayGroupClearXid()
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Improve autovacuum logging for aggressive andanti-wraparound ru