Re: AIX support - alignment issues

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 2:49 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> While we're here ...
>
> +   Code support exists for M68K, M88K, M32R, and SuperH, but these
>     architectures are not known to have been tested recently.
>
> I think it'd be pretty reasonable to disclaim support for
> any architecture that doesn't have a representative in our
> buildfarm, which would lead to dropping all four of these.
> If you don't like it, step up and run a buildfarm animal.

+1. Keeping stuff like this in the documentation doesn't make those
platforms supported. What it does do is make it look like we're bad at
updating our documentation.

I strongly suspect that anyone who tried to use a modern PostgreSQL on
any of these platforms would find it quite an adventure, which is
fine, because if you're trying to use any of those platforms in 2022,
you are probably the sort of person who enjoys an adventure. But it
can't really be useful to list them in the documentation, and it's
unlikely that any of them "just work".

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com