Re: [HACKERS] Inadequate infrastructure for NextValueExpr

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inadequate infrastructure for NextValueExpr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I wrote a script to cross-check various node handling functions and it told me:
>
> T_NextValueExpr not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_ObjectWithArgs not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_AccessPriv not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_CreateOpClassItem not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_FunctionParameter not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_InferClause not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_OnConflictClause not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_RoleSpec not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_PartitionCmd not handled in outfuncs.c
> T_NamedTuplestoreScan can be produced by outfuncs.c with tagname
> NAMEDTUPLESTORESCAN but that tagname is not recognized by readfuncs.c
> T_Alias not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_RangeVar not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_Expr not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_CaseWhen not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_TargetEntry not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_RangeTblRef not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_JoinExpr not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_FromExpr not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_OnConflictExpr not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_IntoClause not handled in ruleutils.c
> T_NextValueExpr not handled in ruleutils.c

That's pretty cool.  Per long-standing precedent, anything we use in a
build needs to be in Perl, not Python, but I think it would be great
to fix all of these (or the script) and then add this to our standard
build process.  It would be *great* to stop making mistakes like this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company