Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> I posted a patch upthread which makes \d hide partitions (relispartition =
> true relations) and include them if the newly proposed '!' modifier is
> specified.  The '+' modifier is being used to show additional detail of
> relations chosen to be listed at all, so it seemed like a bad idea to
> extend its meaning to also dictate whether partitions are to be listed.

+1.  That'd be a mess.

> Actually, if \d had shown RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE tables as of Type
> "partitioned table", we wouldn't need a separate flag for marking a table
> as having partitions.

I think that is false.  Whether something is partitioned and whether
it is a partition are independent concerns.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company