Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> With all respect, I think this is a bad idea.  I know you've put a lot
>> of energy into this patch and I'm confident it's made a lot of
>> progress.  But as with Stephen's patch, the final form deserves a
>> thorough round of looking over by someone else before it goes in.
>
> As you can see in the thread, Heikki's put a lot of review effort into
> it (including important code contributions); I don't feel I'm rushing it
> at this point.

Yeah, I was really glad Heikki looked at it.  That seemed good.

> If you or somebody else want to give it a look, I have
> no problem waiting a bit longer.  I don't want to delay indefinitely,
> though, because I think it's better shipped early in the release cycle
> than later, to allow for further refinements and easier testing by other
> interested parties.

I agree with that.  I'd like to look at it, and I will if I get time,
but as I said elsewhere, I also think it's appropriate to give a
little time around the final version of any big, complex patch just
because people may have thoughts, and they may not have time to
deliver those thoughts the minute the patch hits the list.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company