Re: Should rename "startup process" to something else?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Should rename "startup process" to something else?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 11:05 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah, given current usage it would be better to call it the "recovery
> process".  However, I'm feeling dubious that it's worth the cost to
> change.  The "startup" name is embedded in a lot of places, I think,
> and people are used to it.  I fear changing it would create more
> confusion than it removes.

What sorts of places are you thinking about?

As far as being used to it, I think hackers are, but regular users are
very much not. And there are a lot more regular users than there are
hackers, and it's harder to get them to pay attention, too.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com