Re: [HACKERS] Is it time to kill support for very old servers?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Is it time to kill support for very old servers?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> One small problem with cutting libpq's V2 support is that the server's
>>> report_fork_failure_to_client() function still sends a V2-style message.
>
>> We should really fix that so it reports the error as a v3 message,
>> independent of ripping out libpq-fe support for v2.
>
> It might be reasonable to do that, but libpq would have to be prepared
> for the other case for many years to come :-(

Well, let's get that much done anyway.  I'm not 100% sure whether the
time has come to kill v2 with fire, but doing the things that have
been done first has got to be a good idea either way.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company