Re: tableam vs. TOAST

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: tableam vs. TOAST
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:41 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the review. Updated patches attached. This version is more
> complete than the last set of patches I posted.  It looks like this:
>
> 0001 - Lets a table AM that needs a toast table choose the AM that
> will be used to implement the toast table.
> 0002 - Refactoring and code cleanup for TOAST code.
> 0003 - Move heap-specific portion of logic refactored by previous
> patch to a separate function.
> 0004 - Lets a table AM arrange to call a different function when
> detoasting, instead of the one created by 0003.

Hearing no further comments, I went ahead and pushed 0002 today. That
turned out to have a bug, so I pushed a fix for that. Hopefully the
buildfarm will agree that it's fixed.

Meanwhile, here are the remaining patches again, rebased over the bug fix.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения