Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 8:35 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Here's an idea.  Why don't we move the function/opclass creation lines
> to insert.sql, without the DROPs, and use the same functions/opclasses
> in the three tests insert.sql, alter_table.sql, hash_part.sql and
> partition_prune.sql, i.e. not recreate what are essentially the same
> objects three times?  This also leaves them around for the pg_upgrade
> test, which is not a bad thing.

That sounds good, but maybe we should go further and move the
partitioning tests out of generically-named things like insert.sql
altogether and have test names that actually mention partitioning.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company