Re: Regression tests vs existing users in an installation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Regression tests vs existing users in an installation
Дата
Re: Regression tests vs existing users in an installation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'm coming to the conclusion that the only thing that will make this
> materially better in the long run is automatic enforcement of a convention
> about what role names may be created in the regression tests.  See my
> response to Stephen just now for a concrete proposal.

We could also do this by loading a C module during the regression
tests, which seems maybe less ugly than adding a GUC.

I don't particularly like your suggestion of spooky action at a
distance between force_parallel_mode and regression_test_mode.  That
just seems kooky.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: One process per session lack of sharing
Сообщение: Re: One process per session lack of sharing