Re: Patch for bug #12845 (GB18030 encoding)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Patch for bug #12845 (GB18030 encoding)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> It's a behavior change, so I don't think we would consider a back-patch.
>
> Maybe not, but at the very least we should consider getting it fixed in
> 9.5 rather than waiting a full development cycle.  Same as in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150428131549.GA25925@momjian.us
> I'm not saying we MUST include it in 9.5, but we should at least
> consider it.  If we simply stash it in the open CF we guarantee that it
> will linger there for a year.

Sure, if somebody has the time to put into it now, I'm fine with that.
I'm afraid it won't be me, though: even if I had the time, I don't
know enough about encodings.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company