Re: Patch for bug #12845 (GB18030 encoding)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch for bug #12845 (GB18030 encoding)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Maybe not, but at the very least we should consider getting it fixed in
>> 9.5 rather than waiting a full development cycle.  Same as in
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150428131549.GA25925@momjian.us
>> I'm not saying we MUST include it in 9.5, but we should at least
>> consider it.  If we simply stash it in the open CF we guarantee that it
>> will linger there for a year.

> Sure, if somebody has the time to put into it now, I'm fine with that.
> I'm afraid it won't be me, though: even if I had the time, I don't
> know enough about encodings.

I concur that we should at least consider this patch for 9.5.  I've
added it to
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.5_Open_Items

I'm willing to look at it myself, whenever my non-copious spare time
permits; but that won't be in the immediate future.