Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 1:05 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> > Hmm. I wonder why I get that complaint so often. (It's rather
>> > common? or caused by the MIME format of my mail?) I'd say with
>> > confidence that it is because you retrieved the patch file on
>> > Windows mailer.
>> I use Debian and web based mailer. Hm, i wget patches from links here
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180111.155910.26212237.horiguchi.kyotaro%40lab.ntt.co.jp- applies clean
bothlast and previous messages. Its strange.

> Thanks for the information. The cause I suppose is that *I*
> attached the files in *text* MIME type. I taught my mailer
> application to use "Application/Octet-stream" instead and that
> should make most (or all) people here happy.

Since the "Stripping trailing CRs from patch" message is totally
harmless, I'm not sure why you should need to devote any effort to
avoiding it.  Anyone who gets it should just ignore it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company