Re: Reuse child_relids in try_partitionwise_join was Re: Assert failure on bms_equal(child_joinrel->relids, child_joinrelids)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Reuse child_relids in try_partitionwise_join was Re: Assert failure on bms_equal(child_joinrel->relids, child_joinrelids)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Reuse child_relids in try_partitionwise_join was Re: Assert failure on bms_equal(child_joinrel->relids, child_joinrelids)  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 3:09 AM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is just one instance of measurements. If I run the experiment multiple times the results and the patterns will
vary.Usually I have found planning time to vary within 5% for regular tables and within 9% for partitioned tables with
alarge number of partitions. Below are measurements with the experiment repeated multiple times. For a given number of
partitionedtables (each with 1000 partitions) being joined, planning time is measured 10 consecutive times. For this
setof 10 runs we calculate average and standard deviation of planning time. Such 10 sets are sampled. This means
planningtime is sampled 100 times in total with and without patch respectively. Measurements with master and patched
arereported in the attached excel sheet.

Well, this is fine then I guess, but if the original results weren't
stable enough for people to draw conclusions from, then it's better
not to post them, and instead do this work to get results that are
stable before posting.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Radu Radutiu
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql OOM
От: Ilia Evdokimov
Сообщение: Re: list_free in addRangeTableEntryForJoin