Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: The plan for FDW-based sharding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Robert, this is all a game. It is a game of who wins the intellectual prize
> to whatever problem. Who gets the market or mind share and who gets to
> pretend they win the Oscar for coolest design.

JD, I don't have a horse in this race.  I am not developing a GTM and
I would be quite happy never to have to develop a GTM.  That doesn't
mean I think we should add these proposed hooks.  I think that's just
freezing the way that potential GTMs have to interact with the rest of
the system before we actually have a solution that the community is
willing to endorse.  I don't know what problem that solves.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company