Re: open items for 9.4

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: open items for 9.4
Дата
Re: open items for 9.4  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> So, can we get Beta3 out now?
>
> If nobody else steps up and says they want to do some performance
> testing, I'll push the latest lengths+offsets patch tomorrow.
>
> Are any of the other open items listed at
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.4_Open_Items
> things that we must-fix-before-beta3?

The items I see are:

- Remove xloginsert_slots/xloginsert_locks GUC - Not yet!!

The text seems to indicate that there's some disagreement on this
point.  I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not to keep the
GUC, but if we're going to remove it it should probably happen before
beta3.  It's going to be impossible to remove once we've released with
it, I suspect.

- TAP tests still have some pretty severe problems

Some of these issues have been fixed; but maybe not all.

- psql output change in 9.4

I'm still happy with what's committed, but if somebody else wants to
tweak it, it should get done soon.

- autovacuum scheduling starvation and frenzy

This doesn't seem to be a new problem, so I don't think we should
consider it a stop-ship issue.

- jsonb data format doesn't work well with toast compression

Sounds like we are near to resolving this.

- pg_dump fails with --if-exists and blobs

This looks like a 9.4 regression.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company