Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters
Дата
Re: proposal: disallow operator "=>" and use it for named parameters  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> two years a operator "=>" is marked as deprecated (from PostgreSQL 9.2).
>
> Isn't time to use it for named parameters now (for PostgreSQL 9.5) ?

I'm cool with that.  It's possible that there are installations out
there that still have => operators installed, but every
still-supported release warns you not to do that, and the hstore
change exists in three released versions.  Anyway, no amount of
waiting will eliminate the hazard completely.

> I am sending a implementation where syntax based on "=>" symbol is second
> (but preferred) variant of ":=" syntax .. syntax ":=" will be supported
> still.
>
> Here is a patch

I think you should just remove the WARNING, not change it to an error.
If somebody wants to quote the operator name to be able to continue
using it, I think that's OK.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company