Re: release management team statement on patch reverts

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: release management team statement on patch reverts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Just my .02, pretty sure the majority of the community says, "TGL just sent
> -1, argument over." That may or may not be a good thing but his experience
> and depth of knowledge of our code base pretty much seals it for most of us.

Sure, but Tom is also human, and sometimes doesn't like things that
other people still think are good ideas.  Tom questioned whether
parallel query was really a good idea, and also Hot Standby.  If we'd
given up on having those features when Tom opened his mouth, we'd be
worse off today.

That is not to say that we shouldn't defer to Tom's judgement in many
cases.  And I do.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company