Re: release management team statement on patch reverts

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: release management team statement on patch reverts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/04/2016 01:03 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Just my .02, pretty sure the majority of the community says, "TGL just sent
>> -1, argument over." That may or may not be a good thing but his experience
>> and depth of knowledge of our code base pretty much seals it for most of us.
>
> Sure, but Tom is also human, and sometimes doesn't like things that
> other people still think are good ideas.  Tom questioned whether
> parallel query was really a good idea, and also Hot Standby.  If we'd

Like you said, he is human ;)

> given up on having those features when Tom opened his mouth, we'd be
> worse off today.
>
> That is not to say that we shouldn't defer to Tom's judgement in many
> cases.  And I do.

Right and I agree with that. I was just saying that in this particular
case, I think a lot of people were just accepting on the single -1.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564